Drones and quadcopters have evolved from simply being a flying enthusiasts’ toy and now have application in a number of industrial fields and are also used for safety and surveillance. It is no surprise that any kid would be interested and happy to be able to get their hands on such an aerial toy and have a chance to control it!
Apart from just a fun element, drones also add some educational value for children. Flying drones requires the use of fine motor skills and spatial problem solving abilities. They can discover the physics of lift, thrust, and drag with quadcopters, as well as design and build their own, helping them understand engineering and technology.
We’ve picked out the best drone for kids available in the market right now. These are also segregated into different categories to help you pick the best one depending on your needs. All of these drones and quadcopters are also safe and made of great quality, while easy to learn and fly for children.
Things you need to know
Before you choose the drone you should buy, there are few features you should go over. Consider the following to pick the drone that best suits your needs.
- Controller type – Is the drone controlled by a remote controller or a smartphone via app?
- Drone camera – What are the camera specifications, and does it record in high definition?
- Flight time and charge time – How long can the drone fly on a single charge? And how much time does it take to charge the drone completely? Also, check for different charging options available.
- Recommended age – Double check the minimum age the manufacturer recommends for safe drone usage.
- Maximum range – What’s the maximum distance the drone can safely fly without losing contact?
- Weight and size – Check the fully assembled weight including battery, as well as folding options to check its portability for travel.
In the list below you will find the best drones for kids by types like: Protection and indoor flight, With camera, Nano-sized, With Wheels and Cool Drones.