Leaked Pictures Show What GoPro Hero 5 Can Look Like!
With every one is waiting for the release date of GoPro Hero 5, a new instructional video and a slew of leaked pictures have shown GoPro fans a peek into what the next action camera can look like! According to rumors this information is supposed to be from the Hero 5 manual and gives hints at its features and design.
The pictures were uploaded to Japanese blog Nokishita, as well as camera blog Mirrorless Rumors, but both were later removed. The instructional video too comes from a known source Konrad Iturbe, and shows the back of the camera.
The camera’s body isn’t very different from its predecessors, and features a rectangular design with a lens and front-facing screen. The pictures show a missing front power/ menu button, but if rumors are to be believed the GoPro Hero 5 will have a touchscreen, allowing menu navigation. It also has an all-black rubber look and may be waterproof right out of the box.
Reddit user CenturyEditor has also claimed to take the specifications for the Hero 5 from its user manual. He states them as below:
- Camera appears to be waterproof like the Session, but no depth is stated in the manual.
- USB C connector
- Resolutions: 4K @ 30 fps, 2.7K @ 60 fps, 1440 @ 80 fps, 1080 @ 120 fps, 960 @ 120 fps
- Various 720 modes, depending on FOV you've selected
- Camera is 12 MP
- RAW photo in .dng format
- Voice control over basic functions ("GoPro turn on", "GoPro start video", etc)
- Video stabilization: Apparently results in smoother footage when you're using it in areas of motion or vibration. Not available in 4K or fps higher than 60.
- Manual Audio Control
- Select one of two audio filters; recording in stereo or filter out wind noise.
- Protune remains with some small tweaks
- New "linear" FOV which removes the fisheye automatically
- Exposure Select, allows you to select a certain area of your photo to select the correct exposure.
- Colour: Allows you to see the difference between GoPro colour and Flat colour on the LCD screen, while using Protune.
- New shutter selection in Protune, allowing you to choose your shutter speed
- RAW Audio setting, which appears to create a separate audio track while recording video.
- Rear LCD Brightness is now selectable from 10% to 100% (and OFF)
- The front LCD is again, NOT backlit
- Dive housing sensitivity: Increases the touch display's level of sensitivity. The options are Off (default) and On. Turn this setting on when using your GoPro with Super Suit.
- Not sure what Super Suit is, but looking forward to that announcement. This tells me that the camera is probably only waterproof to the same depth as the Session (10m/33ft) and it will require a "Super Suit" if you want to take it deeper than that.
- GPS enabled
- There's an incomplete heading in the manual called "Removable Protective Lens Info". One can only assume what that means.
- There is a small mention of Karma in the manual, but it's for removing the side door of the camera for connection to the drone via HDMI cable.